Monday, July 4, 2011

070411

(James Dobson)  In retrospect, commenting on  what he perceived as an             " unanswered prayer" : "Ultimately, I realized that it would have been most unfortunate if the Lord had granted my request in that instance. He loved me enough to turn me down even when   I  was demanding my own way. Others have  also lived lived to regret what they asked for or to whisper ever so quietly, " Thank you Lord for not answering that prayer"

(Dobson) Admittedly, most of our spiritual frustrations over " unanswered" prayers do not end with an  enlightened, " Oh, now I see what you were doing, Lord!". We just have to file them under  the heading "Things I don't understand", and leave it there. In those instances, we should be thankful that He does what is best for us whether or not it contradicts our wishes. Even a reasonably good parent sometimes says  " no  " to a child's demands.

No comments: